While retirees and the independently wealthy have been leaving the country for more attractive locations for decades (see post here), it’s only recently that the option has been available for those of us who still have to work.
The reason for that? The Internet, of course.
High-speed connections and the ability to both send and receive money online means it’s easier than ever before to work remotely.
In fact, millions of Americans work from home every day, so it stands to reason that you could work from another country as well.
While you could get a more traditional “job” and work from the road, it’s significantly easier if you don’t have a boss to worry about.
Rather than looking for an online job, then, you’re probably better off to build a business. Several opportunities are out there.
Depending on your income needs, this might mean working just a few hours per week, or it might mean a bigger commitment.
Good thing these popular online businesses offer incredible flexibility in addition to great income potential:
When reviewing any opportunity, look for a good solid offer and most importantly, look for one that is believable. Remember that there is no such thing as “get rich quick”. Any legitimate business will tell you up front that success can only be achieved with dedication and hard work.
• Virtual assistant – VAs work in a lot of different areas and specialties. They build websites, edit audio and video files, write content, create graphics, keep appointment calendars, and just about anything else that can be done on a computer.
Pay ranges from $10 to $75 per hour and up.
There is some stiff competition from other countries in this market however, most notable the Phillipines, where VAs can be contracted for $2 to $5 per hour.(check this site to see the competition).
Once you understand the competition, you can prepare your resume to offer services more along the format of Elance.
• Affiliate marketer – Affiliate marketers make money by recommending products to others.
This is what I do.
When you makes a sale through a specially coded affiliate link, you earn a commission. Income is based on the amount of effort you put into it, and can range from very little to multiple six figures.
While I have several sources of income from affiliate marketing, let me give you the two that I place at the top of the opportunities: Ipas2 and the Empower Network.
I have provided links to the site landing pages where you can independently assess the offers.
These are great opportunities that can be worked from anywhere in the world.
Watch the testimonials in the videos and Facebook pages as well. And be sure to watch both opportunities before making any decision.
Of course, I am available if you have any questions. 🙂
• Information product creator – If you have a great deal of knowledge about a particular topic (or just like to research) and love to write and/or create videos and audios, creating info products might be for you.
Product creators can earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each year, but it generally takes time to build up to that level.
A good place to start your research is in this discussion: www.chrisg.com
• Coach – Coaching is a hot business these days, and can easily be done remotely. Life coaches help their clients achieve more and have a happier life. Business coaches assist with business planning and development. Dating coaches help clients find lasting love.
Coaches can earn up to $500 per hour, but be aware that some certification may be required.
Because of the diversity of this subject matter, your best choice is to GTS (google that stuff) your subject matter to get off to a quick start.
• General transcription – If you love to type (and are fast and accurate) you might enjoy transcription. Turning audio files into text can pay up to $85 per hour. Check out this company and their FAQs for ideas: Rev
• Ghostwriting – Writing is an in-demand skill, and can certainly provide a good income no matter where you live.
The best magazine writers can earn $2000 or more per article, but most online writers make significantly less than that.
Here is a good place to start: 3 steps
Any of these businesses can be operated entirely online with nothing more than a laptop and maybe a headset.
Rarely will you be required to attend a face-to-face meeting, meaning your schedule will be totally flexible, and you can live anywhere you choose.
To your success!
p.s. if you are still looking and/or need to do additional research, check out my Book store on Amazon. Click on the “Business and Money” button. I get a small commission if you buy.
p.p.s. sign up to have the blogs delivered to your inbox. There are several more coming on location independent living. Enjoy
[fancy_box id=5][content_upgrade id=225]Click Here and Get access to FREE 12-page pdf on building your most IMPORTANT asset [/content_upgrade][/fancy_box]